Five Benefits of Hiring a Real Estate Agent
You may have heard success stories from friends and family about how they recently sold their home or purchased a new home without the help of a Realtor. In reality, these instances are few and far between, and many people who undergo the buying and selling process without the help of a licensed Realtor end up coming away with more than a handful of horror stories.
Instead, enlisting in the help of a Realtor may end up being the best financial decision you can make during this time. There may be high commission fees, but if you don’t know anything about buying and selling, you could end up losing more money in the long run.
Here are a few reasons why you’ll want to call a Real estate agent for your next move.
- Leave the negotiating to the pros. Sometimes buyers and sellers get along when negotiating price points, but for the vast majority this isn’t the case. Real estate agents are experts in negotiating all while keeping your best interest in mind. For instance, if you don’t like the color or the walls or the wood floors need refinishing, this is something you can complain to your agent without hurting the seller’s feelings. Your Real estate agent will then express your concerns to the seller’s agent and negotiate a discount due to the amount of money you will be putting into the renovations.
- Free up your time with a Realtor. You have a lot of planning to do when it comes to moving you and your family; you need to find new schools for your kids, set up a mail forwarding system and change of address, and tie things off with your previous employer — the last thing you’ll have time for is to look for homes yourself. A Real estate agent’s job is to find your dream home for you without you needing to do the work. Simply give them a price point, amenities you’d like, the zip code or neighborhood and square footage, then they’ll set to work! An agent will also work to schedule appointments for you to see the homes you’re interested in.
- Contracts shouldn’t have to be your specialty. Real estate agents are fully aware of the offer to purchase contract and everything it entails. Experienced Real estate agents such as the ones at Dooley & Mason Realty Group know all the ins and outs of this contract and will be able to assist you in answering any questions you may have. A Realtor will let you know whether or not you can back out of a contract and when.
- Realtors could end up saving you money. For those who are looking to sell their home on their own, it can be a daunting task. Sellers will need to do research and assess the home values of comparable homes in the area. Sometimes homeowners may need to purchase an appraiser to get a ballpark estimate on their home’s value. There are also many online tools out there that can calculate the value, but sometimes these may not be accurate.
- Real estate agents can’t lie. As licensed professionals, Realtors are obligated to uphold their end of the binding contract which states that they must make decisions based on your best interest, not theirs. For those who would rather buy and sell without an agent, they run the risk of being swindled, which is why at Dooley & Mason Realty Group we recommend always seeking legal counsel.
Need help buying or selling a home in North Reading or surrounding areas? Contact Dooley & Mason Realty Group today to schedule an appointment with one of our agents!