5 Best Home Staging Tips to Help Sell Your Home
Is your home about to hit the market? Aside from hiring a professional Real estate agent in North Reading such as Dooley & Mason Realty Group, there are a few things you’ll need to do in order to make your home as presentable as possible. The goal is to give a great first impression to potential buyers, especially if you’re doing an open house and dozens of people are walking through.
Our Real estate company in North Reading has helped hundreds of home sellers, and it all starts with how you stage your home. Here are five of the best home staging tips we can give sellers.
- Remove Clutter. Many home sellers in the North Shore area are families, which means there’s most likely a great deal of clutter from kid’s toys around the house. Haven’t had time to clean the kitchen or fold laundry in while? That will need to be taken care of as well. Make it a family event and block off a weekend afternoon to remove any clutter in every room of the house. Assign one individual per room. It’s especially important to declutter kitchens and other shared spaces, as these are major selling points.
- Mood Lighting. This isn’t just for a romantic candlelight dinner at home, it’s also a great selling feature for homes on the market. Replace any bulbs with soft lighting so that no room looks as if it’s a hospital ward. The use of lamps instead of overhead lights will make the rooms feel more welcoming and cozy as well. Our expert tip is to try and have three different lighting fixtures throughout any room in your home.
- Space Illusions. Make a space feel bigger just by applying a fresh coat of paint. If one of your rooms is small, it can help to paint it the same color as the adjacent room. Passerby will associate that small room with a larger one. For instance, if your kitchen is small, paint your dining room or dining area the same color to make the rooms seem to flow more together and create a sense of openness. Don’t forget that moving furniture away from walls will make a room look more cozy. As long as you have a clear traffic path established in a room, it will feel larger.
- Color Experimentation. Neutrals are the way to go when it comes to painting large looks. Stick with grays, whites, and nudes to create a sense of cleanliness and newness. However, don’t forget that too much neutral color won’t attract much attention. Experiment by having a focus wall (painting one wall a different color from the other 4), or purchase colorful or patterned pillows or drapes to create more texture.
- Accessorize Appropriately. To add finishing touches for staging your home, our professional North Reading Realtors recommend grouping objects in odd numbers, particularly in threes. Try to vary your objects by height, width and texture, always placing the larger objects behind the smaller ones. Accessories always make a home look inviting and slightly more lived-in, so choose carefully. We recommend featuring a few family heirlooms, books or small statues or busts.
Need someone to walk through your home before you put in on the market to make sure it’s staged appropriately for home buyers? Contact Dooley & Mason Realty Group today. We can provide professional assistance for both home buyers and home sellers in North Reading, Reading and the entire North Shore area.